For over 40 years, Digital Media Systems, Inc. specializes in the installation and service of digital cinema projection, immersive audio systems, and other A/V streaming and post-production platforms. Our company offers a unique opportunity for field technicians to work in a fast-paced, agile environment with cutting-edge technologies to support our growing network of customers. We are currently seeking a driven, tech-savvy individual to join our field service team.
DMS is a nationwide provider of technology-based products within the Cinema, Production/Post Production Industry. We are the primary service provider for Theatre chains, Major streaming giants, universities, Academies, Festivals, etc.. nationwide. We are headquartered in the NYC Metro serving clients locally and nationally. We are revolutionizing the future of digital media and digital cinema products. We would love for you to apply to be part of our team.
The Design and Integration Engineer will be responsible for project design, development, management, and final completion of all AV, Digital Cinema, Production, and Post Production projects. The position will be vital in establishing the company vision, strategies, and plans for growth in the areas above.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Functional design of AV systems, including but not limited to Digital Cinema.
- Project management of Audio Visual, Digital Cinema, Production, and Post Production projects as assigned.
- Propose, develop and promote the company’s production post-production services, including DCP mastering, editing, duplication, and mass production. Develop technology systems for, and manage overall services of, in-house editing suites(s), post-production review rooms, and motion picture screening rooms.
- Development of detailed equipment lists, customer estimates, and detailed proposals for other company needs.
- Communicate directly with equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- Lead strategy development, prioritization of opportunities, and account engagements to maximize the impact of overall company technical efforts.
- Develop and maintain key client plans and profiles.
- Identify opportunities to build greater visibility and awareness of DMS’s audio and video service solutions with content creators, post-production community, major distributors, emerging new media companies, and key external partners.
- Identify and contribute to strategic sales, marketing, and business development efforts representing media technologies and services.
- Submit department income and expense budgets, review and control costs each year.
- Review all department-specific invoicing for final billing by accounting.
- Represent DMS at key industry events to uncover new opportunities and to continually enhance its position and relevance in the marketplace.
- Continue development as a cinema engineer, including extensive training on past, present, and future motion picture presentation technologies.
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development in all related fields.
- Recruit new technical staff, as per company needs, including both entry-level and established engineers.
- Establish or maintain relationships with trade / technical schools to ensure steady access to technical talent.
- Identify staff training needs and coordinate with upper management on plans and procedures for training.
- Perform any field work as per the company’s needs.
- Be equipped with proper tools to perform tasks reliably and efficiently.
- Attend organizational meetings representing your department as scheduled by upper management.
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and services comply with all requirements, laws, and regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S, A.S. in Electronic technologies or a related field. Equivalent experience and/or military training.
- Minimum 5 years AV industry experience.
- Minimum 2 years Estimating
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with AV Field Engineering, system design, and commissioning.
- Ability to evaluate construction drawings (architectural, mechanical, and electrical systems) and related documentation. Auto CAD, SketchUp, or Revit experience is necessary including AV drafting skills.
- High degree of computer literacy (MS Office Suite, Web Applications, Visio, Slack, Pro Tools, AVID, DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, other editing or DCP software)
- Experienced with control systems such as Crestron, Extron, AMX, and similar.
- Experience with DSP systems such as QSC, BiAmp, BSS, and similar.
- In-depth understanding of IT systems, architecture, and networking protocol for AV.
- CTS-I certification is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please submit Resume, Cover letter, and if you have a LinkedIn to Denise.Diaz@dmediainc.com